Saturday, June 20, 2009

Berry salad and wholegrain french toast - breakfast


I woke up this morning and needed a big kick of carb – nothing like French toast to satisfy that kind of craving and we had half a loaf of bread sitting around waiting to grow mold over the weekend in any case. Coincidence? I think not.
---
To take some of the heft out of my ordinary French toast (which would be practically deep fried in butter), I instead whipped up and egg mixture of egg whites only and threw in some fat free milk, lots of cinnamon, vanilla and even a little clove and chilli pepper.
---
I put a teeny weeny bit of butter in the pan and cooked the bread up – 3 fantastically carb happy slices for each of us.
---
And then I topped it off with leftover fruit salad from the week. Anyone who’s shared an office with me recently has had to see me chomping away on this fruit salad every day – it has a base of diced apple and nectarines, and then is finished off with strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries.
---
A drizzle of pure maple syrup finishes it all off.
---
Weightwatchers points: about 8 – 4 for the bread, 1 for the egg and milk, 1 for the butter, 1 for the syrup and 1 for the fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment