Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Off to bed without dinner


Butternut soup starter, and as it turns out, no main meal

Andy and I spent the day emailing each other about how hungry we were. My lunch was catered as I was in a meeting and while I stayed away from the thai noodles and springrolls, I did have a second helping of the sea bass. So maybe I was just fished out after a fish starter and fish main at a business dinner the night before. We had planned to cook Cod this evening after the success a couple of weeks ago. But feeling hungry, Andy and I both agreed that some starchy soup would be good to take the edge off.
---

I whipped up a batch of soup base – yellow onion, garlic and chicken stock. Then poured in a bag of pre-chopped butternut and brought that to a boil until soft. I threw all that in a blender and added a bit of cream, some maple syrup and chilli powder.
---

As we were starving, we each went for a big bowl.
---

After the starter, I was feeling very full so we agreed to put off dinner for an hour or two. I had all the ingredients prepped, salad dressing made, salad washed, etc. Two and a half hours later, well passed 9 in the evening, we agreed that there was no need for dinner.
---

How 2 people can be so starving and then skip dinner altogether, I do not know.
---

Weightwatchers points: 5 points for effectively 2 helpings of soup

No comments:

Post a Comment