Thursday, July 02, 2009

Grilled pork with corn and tomato salsa and sweet potato fry up


In the waitrose monthly free magazine, an extended brochure of their various ranges, there was a lovely spread on summer picnics. I saw the pork with corn and tomato salsa and was inspired. Of course I did my own thing, but credit is still due to them for the idea.
---
I brushed the corn with olive oil and barbecue spice marinade, and grilled until nicely charred. I took the leftover marinade and chopped up some red onion, sweet potato and a little chorizo and then fried that in a big pan like you would with breakfast hashbrowns. I then marinated the pork with the same marinade plus a little honey and grilled those up.
---
Some of the corn we ate as it was, grilled on the cob. And some of the corn got chopped up with tomatoes, cilantro (coriander), and red onion for a little salsa.
---
We actually had a starter of tenderstem broccoli with the leftover beurre blanc from last night but didn’t show that here. With me going out of town tomorrow and Andy on an all-pizza-and-croissant diet I figured I better use up all of our remaining veg before I leave.
---
Imagine 5 veg servings in this meal alone: tomato, onion, broccoli, sweet potato and corn.
---
Weightwatchers points: 16 as follows: 5 for the pork, 6 for the generous amounts of olive oil used, 1 each for the sweet potatoes and corn, and 3 for the chorizo.

No comments:

Post a Comment